We’re thrilled to announce that QPassport is officially rebranding as HashKey DID after taking the long-run user-friendly development of the product into serious consideration.
HashKey Group is an end-to-end digital asset financial services group in Asia. Joining in the collaborative and powerful HashKey ecosystem, HashKey DID, as an important infrastructure of Web3, will play an inseparable role and get infinite possibilities from the synergistic DApps, DEX, etc., and will bridge a channel between Web2 and Web3 for you, our dear users.
Ever since day one, we’ve been committed to delivering the true concept of Web3. Providing DID-centered services, easy-to-use SDKs, and more significantly, a pioneering, innovative and robust ecosystem for the Web3 developers, users and the wider community have always been our top priorities and objectives. Rebranding QPassport to HashKey DID and the four new product offerings that we are about to launch is a significant step forward towards achieving that goal.
This brand upgrade will see the following changes made:
- New brand name: HashKey DID(QPassport will not be used anymore);
- New official website and HashKey DID mobile app;
- New domain name: hashkey.id;
- New Smart Contract name: HashKey DID;
- New Twitter handle/ Discord name/ Medium name: HashKey DID;
Reminder: For users who’ve registered an account on QPassport at or before 2p.m.July 27, 2022, please note that your assets (including ID NFT with new logos and naming rules, and other NFTs) will be re-minted on the new HashKey DID smart contract.
HashKey DID in A Glance:
HashKey DID is a decentralized storage-featured Web 3.0 identifier that is underpinned by NFT and smart contract-based privacy-preserving technology. Apart from the basic functions of a DID product, HashKey DID also supports know-your-customer (KYC) functionality. More details of HashKey DID’s product offerings will be discussed below.
What is DID?
- DID, short for decentralized identifier, is a verifiable and decentralized digital identity that can be stored on the blockchain and used across all applications in the web. The information and data that exist on the DID depend on the user/ controller. Compared with the traditional identifiers used by centralised entities such as Google and Facebook, DID is designed in a way that it can be decoupled from centralized registries, identity providers and certificate authorities. To be more specific, DIDs enable its controller to prove control over it without actually requiring permission from any other parties. DIDs are essentially URLs that associate a DID subject with a DID document allowing trustable interactions associated with that subject.
New Services After Rebranding:
Four brand new product offerings will be released at the same time. These are DID, Credential, Space, Credit Score.
- DID: your unique digital identifier that gives you barrier-free access to all Web3 applications; and 1 KYC for all, enabling seamless access to all compliance platforms.
- Credential: you can claim (as a Web3 user) or issue (as a Web3 creator) on-chain credentials and proof of DAO identity etc. to build your reputation. It “freezes” your on-chain highlights and records your active on-chain engagements as a proof for future DAO governance.
- Space: you can show the world your soul (i.e. tokens, collectibles), define your space, and connect with others among other activities, etc..
- Credit Score: you’re able to manage your reputation and enjoy the value derived via the HashKey DID system.
- Besides, we provide developers with open source HashKey DID Protocols and Building SDKs. The HashKey DID Open Source Protocols include DID (KYC) Protocol, Credential Protocol, and Credit Score protocol. The developers can develop HashKey DID Protocol-based applications with the real Web3 Building SDKs to tap into the potential of their products.
Roadmap from 2021 to 2023
- HashKey DID Beta version for PC and mobile available
- Available for registration
- Space goes live
- Smart contract deployed on the PlatON Network
- More collaborations with DApps
- KYC/ AML support added
- Credential goes live
- Privacy computation technology integrated
- Collaboration with more DApps
- Support for payment network implemented
- HashKey DID mobile app goes live
- Credit Score System available
- Further expansion of the HashKey DID developer ecosystem.
About HashKey DID
HashKey DID is a decentralized storage-featured Web 3.0 identifier that is underpinned by NFT- and smart contract-based privacy-preserving technology. The fundamental goal of HashKey DID is to build a community-governed HashKey DID DAO together with users.
About HashKey Group
HashKey Group is an end-to-end digital asset financial services group in Asia. The Group provides a complete ecosystem across the entire digital asset landscape, ranging from venture investment, to custody, to technologies and trading. HashKey’s senior team has extensive experience and expertise in investment, governance and technology gained from tier-one banks, regulators and Fintech ventures. By bringing together the most advanced blockchain research, development and technologies, HashKey identifies potential opportunities and delivers end-to-end solutions that operate within regulatory frameworks with the highest compliance standards. The Group has operations in Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan, and extensive partnerships with FinTech and blockchain solutions providers, academic institutions and associations.
This article is reproduced from https://medium.com/@HashKeyDID/qpassport-rebrands-to-hashkey-did-5480b4bafed6?source=social.tw